When you file bankruptcy online using MyCaseInfo.com, it saves time, plus, you can do it from the comfort of your own home. Then, take the credit counseling class and make an appointment to come and visit us. It’s really that easy. We use MyCaseInfo.com which allows you to fill out your intake information from home. However, if you do not have a computer you may use one in our office.
It’s Easy File Bankruptcy Online in Louisville Kentucky
You will also be able to upload your documents for our access. If you have bank statements, pay stubs, or taxes, simply put those in order and scan them in as a pdf instead of printing them. Additionally, we are willing to make copies of your documents and scan them in for you. Using this site to file online saves both your time and ours so we appreciate it!
By clicking on the link below, we will email the login to MyCaseInfo.com to you. Please note that it usually takes about two hours to complete the questionnaire.
Preparing to File Bankruptcy Online in Louisville Kentucky
- Please bring pay stubs or income documentation with you so we can calculate income for you. We calculate income from your prior six months of paystubs (prior six months—not the present month)
- It’s also very important to list the complete street address for each debt.
- When you are done simply take the class, make your appointment and bring your documentation.
- The video at the bottom of the page shows how to properly get a free credit report to help you.
- Please note that credit reports usually include addresses for the creditors.
- You can also repair your credit and take the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University training for free if you wish.
Ensure that You Include the Right Documentation
The links below show a normal property list, budget, and overlooked expenses. In Chapter 13, you must live on a tight budget. For example, one judge in Kentucky stated cable internet and phone expenses must be less than 5% of your income.
- Common Property for a Family of Three
- Common Income/Expenses for a Family of Three
- Often Overlooked Expenses for Chapter 13 Cases
Your bankruptcy petition must be complete and accurate. We have to document your answers and prove your income, expenses, assets, and liabilities. CPAs with the Department of Justice audit bankruptcy filings for accuracy, and completeness. You will be asked to document answers, especially charitable contributions over $100 a month, 401k contributions, school tuition, and medical if the expenses are much higher than average. We review your answers in our office and make any corrections when you come to prepare the petition. We appreciate your filing bankruptcy online because it saves your time and ours.
Further Instructions to File Bankruptcy Online
- Include addresses for any debt and collection agency or law firm. You want the collection agency or law firm to get the notice too!
- For household goods don’t list every spoon, fork, and CD you own. Instead, list any item that would sell at a yard sale for over $500 for each room of furniture.
Debtor Education and Credit Counseling Course Providers
We searched the entire web for you to find the two best course providers. I believe BKcert and StartFreshToday are the best providers. They’re convenient because they file the second Debtor Education class automatically for you. There are less expensive providers but the other educational providers may try to force you into debt settlement programs they offer. BKcert is not the least expensive provider but they are quick.
⎆ BK Cert
⎆ Start Fresh Today
Interestingly, StartFreshToday offers custom counseling to fit your specific needs. This is a good feature because counseling for foreclosure clients is different than counseling for clients with medical debts or tax problems. So, it may be more relevant to you if you are listening to credit counseling that specifically addresses your problems.
The Start Fresh Today platform conveniently offers the Credit Counseling and Debtor Education courses online or by phone at the same price for single or joint filers with full customer support and fast certificate delivery. 800-435-9138 our attorney code is NT4459. They do close however at 10 pm.
If you can’t afford the above alternatives, contact my Administrative Assistant Toni at 502-625-0903, and she will help you find the least expensive course.
Short Video: How to properly get your free credit report and how hard it is to repair credit.
Other Helpful Bankruptcy Links
- You can follow your entire case at this website NDC.org and also look at 13DataCenter for your Chapter 13 case data.
- For a copy of your tax returns: Jefferson County PVA.
- Deeds and mortgage documents for Jefferson County: Jefferson County Land Records.
- If you need a new social security card, call 1-800-772-1213 or go to www.ssa.gov.
- IRS Returns: You can get a copy of your tax transcripts for the prior 2 years by calling 1-800-829-1040. Tax returns and/or a copy of your account with the IRS are available. Failing to file tax returns or provide copies of your taxes or your Social Security card is the basis to automatically dismiss your case.
- Hopefully, you will have filed your taxes for the prior 2 years. If you need to bankrupt income taxes you will need both the account transcripts and your returns. Please note that these are two different documents.
- Turn to the IRS transaction codes on the transcript to learn if your debt is old enough to discharge and what was done in your account. You may also download this information at ProofOfTax.com or IRS.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript.
- You can also download our manual that explains step by step how to handle bankruptcy, foreclosures, student loan debt, and income taxes.
Resources for Bankruptcy
Other Related Information
If you need help to file bankruptcy online, you are in the right place. Contact my office right away for more information. Nick C. Thompson, Attorney: 502-625-0905