Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.reddit.com/api/info.json?url=http://www.bankruptcy-divorce.com/kentucky-bankruptcy-checklist/): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home3/bankruv7/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/simple-share-buttons-adder.php on line 1088
This is a checklist of the documents you will need to file bankruptcy in Kentucky or Indiana. You may download and print the PDF version of the Kentucky Bankruptcy checklist here. Make sure to get a copy of our manual when you visit our office and the free Dave Ramsey book. You can also download our manual which explains step by step how to manage or bankrupt foreclosures, student loans and income taxes.
To file your Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the following documents are required (you may scan, fax 625-0940 or give us a copy) No originals please we destroy paper copies after properly scanning them.
Kentucky Bankruptcy Checklist
CHAPTER 7 and 13,
- Household income* for prior 6 months – paystubs, or social security benefits letter stating your income (* household income = husband & wife if married even if only one is filing)
- Bank Statements for all bank accounts (including joint accounts) in the last 6 months ( But not required for Louisville Chapter 13 cases)
- Federal & State Tax returns – Prior two returns (This should be 2013 and 2012) Download at proofoftax.com or irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
- Vehicle Titles (boats, cars, trailers, motorcycles, etc.)
- Deed and Mortgage – Recorded Copy showing Date and Page (if you own Real Estate)
- Copy of Driver’s License and Social Security Card (take these to your hearing, too)
- Fill in the client intake on our website with your information www.bankruptcy-divorce.com List the Name, Address, Amount and Account Numbers of Debts (free copies of credit report are at www.annualcreditreport.com or call toll free at 1-877-322-8228.
- If you owe and pay Child Support or Alimony we need the Name and Address of Recipient of any Child Support and Alimony
- Proof of Large or Extraordinary Expenses (if applicable – large medical, charitable, etc.)
- Credit Counseling Certificate Your case cannot be filed without the Counseling certificate. You must take the Debtor Ed course immediately after filing or you don’t get the discharge. We prefer Dave Ramsey www.DHDR.com 888-963-8088 our attorney code is KY0197 Dave Ramsey automatically files the 2nd course certificate for you.
- If you are stripping a 2nd mortgage or judgment lien – complete our information form for that.
The average client that reads the first 65 pages of our book gets far more benefit from filing their bankruptcy than someone that doesn’t. How much more benefit? We believe that the average person will spend 3 hours to read it and save an average of 8,000 dollars. You won’t know what to avoid and what to do unless you read and become educated. Your bankruptcy will always be much easier and more profitable if you understand and work with us to get the results you deserve. You should also take a day to read the free Dave Ramsey book “Starting Over” we give you. This book helps you to start your life over on a successful budget with good credit so you can qualify for mortgages and car loans at normal rates after filing.
Filing Fee for Chapter 7 or 13 – $310.00
Chapter 7 Attorney Fee: Single Filing $1000.00 – Joint $1200.00
Chapter 13 Attorney Fee: paid through the bankruptcy court as payments are made.
We do cases in Kentucky and Indiana. We travel to Lexington and Covington at no additional charge.