This is your Kentucky Bankruptcy Checklist of the Documents needed to file bankruptcy. You may download and print the PDF version of the Kentucky Bankruptcy checklist here. Make sure to get a copy of our manual when you visit our office or you can also download our manual which explains step by step how to handle foreclosures, student loan debt and how to bankrupt income taxes.
To file your Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the following documents are required (you may scan, fax 625-0940 or give us a copy) No originals please
Kentucky Bankruptcy Checklist :
- Please provide the prior 6 months of income (normally pay stubs or social security benefits letter stating your income): This is household income – we need both husband & wife if married even if just one is filing. For business income calculation use the calculation form on the Resource and forms download page.
- Prior 6 months of all bank statements: Bring your pay stub and bank statements for the month of filing to the hearing in case the trustee asks for it. If your name is on the account provide it.
- Federal & State Tax returns for last 2 years: If you don’t have copies of your tax return, call the IRS at 800-829-1040. If you are trying to bankrupt a tax debt we also need the account transcript in addition from them not just your tax returns. The account transcript is your IRS account record not your return. Download or see us for form 8821 if you want us to do it.
- Vehicle Titles (boats, cars, trailers, motorcycles, etc.)
- Deed and Mortgage if outside Jefferson county: A recorded copy showing the date and page number the mortgage and deed was recorded on.
- Copy of Driver’s License and Social Security Card
- Fill in the Client Intake. You can do this online or in-person. Include the name, address, amount and account numbers of debts in the intake (free copies of your credit report are at www.annualcreditreport.com or (1-877-322-8228).
- Name and Address of Recipient of any Child Support and Alimony list it as a debt
- Proof of Large or Extraordinary Expenses (if applicable – large medical, charitable, etc.)
- Credit Counseling Certificate: The most reliable service is www.bkcert.com who answers phones 24/7 at 866-859-7323. Counseling by phone or Internet costs about $40.00. The cheapest at $5.00 is ConsumerCreditCounseling.info but they only have the first class and it is only online. 123debtor.com has the final debtor education certificate for $10. Video on Credit Counseling Requirement
- Filing Fee ($310.00)
- Attorney’s Fee*
*Our basic charges for an uncontested Chapter 7 bankruptcy are: $1,000.00 – single $1,200.00 –
if married. We do cases in Kentucky and Indiana. We travel to Lexington and Covington at no additional expense.