Everyone make mistakes. Events happen to everyone. These are resource books and courses that help when you are attempting to recover from a bankruptcy or divorce. These links to suggested readings and counseling have been helpful to my clients. If you look at the experience of a divorce or bankruptcy as an opportunity to learn and to be grateful instead of being full of fear. There have been many studies that show how some people thrive in the face of great adversity… while others get discouraged and defeated. People who thrive in the face of adversity do ONE THING fundamentally “different” from people who get defeated by it. They benefit from what destroys others. They embrace it and look for the silver lining whether they are a cancer patient or sent to prison wrongfully accused. After the ordeal the normally look at what others think is horrible as an opportunity they wouldn’t change. But they focused on the positive aspects and the ability to learn and become a better person from it. What did you learn from your Bankruptcy that you may not have learned if it wasn’t from the decisions and events. That is what bankruptcy is all about. It is about rebuilding your life. The ultimate goal for our office is to help you bounce back, create a new beginning… a better beginning and hopefully a better life! And that’s really the ULTIMATE GOAL of our office. Don’t just lash out and blame the system but instead turn inwardly to learn and reflect on how to be financially successful and successful in relationships. Most bankruptcy and divorce clients go into a phase of repeating the same habits that would make them healthy and successful.
My List of Bankruptcy Resources
Common Books That Everyone Should Read especially people who want to work on their finances, marriage and relationships:
- by John Gottman The best book on Marriage and relationships
- Dave Ramsey My favorite Financial Guru to help you to never return to Bankruptcy.
- How Did I Get Here? by Barbara DeAngelis
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
- Think and Grow Rich By Napolean Hill
- Happier by Tal Ben Shahar
- Intimate Communion by David Deida
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Thebreakupdoctor.com Divorce Recovery